Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Blue Glass Gen 3 Wall Charger Cover - I bought something frivolous but I love it

These things just came out this week. I bought one. My car was delivered 13 days ago and this is my first EV so I'm probably a little excited. Yeah I could also light $100 on fire. But then I wouldn't get to look at a blue wall charger that perfectly matches my car. I think it looks really good actually. And my wall charger is mounted on the outside of my home, not hidden in a garage, so I get to share the glory of "Deep Blue Metallic" with the world by color coordinating my charger with my car....

IMG_1227.jpeg
IMG_1225.jpeg
IMG_1224.jpeg

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
I actually like that a lot! Probably because I also have a deep blue wall connector (lol). If they have one for a Gen 2 wall connector, I would probably buy one. I dont like it enough to replace my gen 2 wall connector with a gen 3, but I think it looks great.

EDIT: I said I have a "deep blue wall connector" when I ment to say I have a "deep blue tesla model 3".

Last edited:
Reactions: mephiska
I actually like that a lot! Probably because I also have a deep blue wall connector (lol). If they have one for a Gen 2 wall connector, I would probably buy one. I dont like it enough to replace my gen 2 wall connector with a gen 3, but I think it looks great.

EDIT: I said I have a "deep blue wall connector" when I ment to say I have a "deep blue tesla model 3".
thx for the edit, that confused me and made me think they made a color coordinated cover for the gen 2 charger, then I went down the rabbit hole of the gen 2 chargers and 80 amps and.....yeah.

Anyway, nothing but love for this color. I always love blue cars, light blue, dark blue, I really like this one, it's a really nice hue. And now the matching wall charger is just *chef's kiss* emoji.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
thx for the edit, that confused me and made me think they made a color coordinated cover for the gen 2 charger, then I went down the rabbit hole of the gen 2 chargers and 80 amps and.....yeah.

Anyway, nothing but love for this color. I always love blue cars, light blue, dark blue, I really like this one, it's a really nice hue. And now the matching wall charger is just *chef's kiss* emoji.

Dont worry about the 80amp rabbit hole with the Gen 2 charger, model 3s and Ys can only use up to 48amps (60amp circuit). Even new S and X dont go faster than 48amps, only old ones do.

Reactions: mephiska
Dont worry about the 80amp rabbit hole with the Gen 2 charger, model 3s and Ys can only use up to 48amps (60amp circuit). Even new S and X dont go faster than 48amps, only old ones do.
Yep, that's what I learned in my little dive. Honestly for home charging 48A is great. 40mi/hr is great, that's what i get, and it's way more than I need for home charging.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC