Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Glass Gen 3 Wall Charger Cover - I bought something frivolous but I love it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These things just came out this week. I bought one. My car was delivered 13 days ago and this is my first EV so I'm probably a little excited. Yeah I could also light $100 on fire. But then I wouldn't get to look at a blue wall charger that perfectly matches my car. I think it looks really good actually. And my wall charger is mounted on the outside of my home, not hidden in a garage, so I get to share the glory of "Deep Blue Metallic" with the world by color coordinating my charger with my car....

IMG_1227.jpeg
IMG_1225.jpeg
IMG_1224.jpeg

I actually like that a lot! Probably because I also have a deep blue wall connector (lol). If they have one for a Gen 2 wall connector, I would probably buy one. I dont like it enough to replace my gen 2 wall connector with a gen 3, but I think it looks great.

EDIT: I said I have a "deep blue wall connector" when I ment to say I have a "deep blue tesla model 3".

Last edited:
Reactions: mephiska
I actually like that a lot! Probably because I also have a deep blue wall connector (lol). If they have one for a Gen 2 wall connector, I would probably buy one. I dont like it enough to replace my gen 2 wall connector with a gen 3, but I think it looks great.

EDIT: I said I have a "deep blue wall connector" when I ment to say I have a "deep blue tesla model 3".
thx for the edit, that confused me and made me think they made a color coordinated cover for the gen 2 charger, then I went down the rabbit hole of the gen 2 chargers and 80 amps and.....yeah.

Anyway, nothing but love for this color. I always love blue cars, light blue, dark blue, I really like this one, it's a really nice hue. And now the matching wall charger is just *chef's kiss* emoji.

thx for the edit, that confused me and made me think they made a color coordinated cover for the gen 2 charger, then I went down the rabbit hole of the gen 2 chargers and 80 amps and.....yeah.

Anyway, nothing but love for this color. I always love blue cars, light blue, dark blue, I really like this one, it's a really nice hue. And now the matching wall charger is just *chef's kiss* emoji.

Dont worry about the 80amp rabbit hole with the Gen 2 charger, model 3s and Ys can only use up to 48amps (60amp circuit). Even new S and X dont go faster than 48amps, only old ones do.

Reactions: mephiska