Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Jeans Stain Cleaner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Tesla fam!
Picked up my new Model 3 LR yesterday and absolutely love it. Stoked to be part of the Tesla community 🥳
The only negative I've noticed is after being in the car for only 2 hours wearing (old and worn in) blue jeans I already have a blue tint to my white seat.
What's your favourite leather cleaner / protection?

Would love for my white seats to stay white haha

If you get the stain whilst fresh a damp cloth works well- use a clean microfibre that wont bleach its own die out.
For stubborn stains I use clinell wipes. Similar to baby wipes but much larger, wetter, stronger, and as a bonus are the only wipes on the market that kill all viruses…including the big C (All the others only kill bacteria) Available at most pharmacies and you’ve likely seen the green and white pack at most medical places.
Getting the stain early with the damp cloth is easier though, and as a result my 3 year old white seats are still very white.
I dont seem to have any problem with old jeans depositing die though. Maybe you live in a very humid climate?

My cream (Cow) leather seats occasionally show some blue Jean transfer but most of it wipes off with a damp chamois when I am washing the car. Any remaining blue is easily removed with a leather cleaner or upholstery cleaner. I think you only get into trouble if you ignore it for a long time.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
I also experienced blue stain on my white seat on the first week. I used the oxiclean gel stick and i Can say that i was able to remove 99% of the stain. Unless i point it out, no really notices. I applied leather stain protection right after. Hope this helps
This is encouraging. I've tried everything I could think of and nothing had any effect on the blue jean stain on my seats, but have not tried Oxiclean. I have not tried chlorine based bleach yet either as I am concerned it might harm the material. I suspect Oxiclean may be a bit less harsh.