Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Model 3 Colour: Constant, Various, or Changes each model year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you very much, JJ. Now I'll look only for a used private blue Tesla 3 of some recent year the blue is fine for me. I may get plastic coating of the colour on my 2008 Subaru Forester Turbo XT like the Subaru WRX & STi: World Rally Blue Pearl. Maybe I can have this done in Ottawa.
Subaru XT turbo 2008 in 2014 (1).jpg

I find teslas blue "decent". I had BMWs for almost 20 years previously (3s and later 4s for me, 5s for my wife or more recently an X5 and X3 for her), and a couple of those were blue. I like some of BMWs blues very much, and the tesla blue is only "ok" compared to that.

Tesla only has 5 "colors" and 3 of those are black, white, and grey, so only "colors" in the broadest sense of the word (lol). I dont like red cars, and didnt want to pay extra for white (in 2018, the same white that is free now was a 2500 option).

Purchasing a used tesla is not going to save you very much money (if any at all) right now, so you might want to look at purchasing new, especially if you can wait. If you are planning on wrapping your car with a color change wrap, you also might want to consider getting a black one, then getting it wrapped. Black wont look as "funky" in the creases etc as some of the other colors when wrapped.

I have a blue 2020 Model 3. I love the color, especially with the chrome trim and shiny 19 inch wheels. I probably wouldn't get it now that all the trim is black. Black & blue are a terrible combination as far as I'm concerned. My lawyer has a 2019 M3 in blue, with black aero wheels. I always thought that it's blue wasn't as vibrant as the blue on my car, but thought that may be it was those dull aero wheels that made me think that. Now, I'm not so sure. Some day I'll do a side by side comparison.

My lawyer has a 2019 M3 in blue, with black aero wheels. I always thought that it's blue wasn't as vibrant as the blue on my car, but thought that may be it was those dull aero wheels that made me think that. Now, I'm not so sure. Some day I'll do a side by side comparison.

The difference could be paint defects, meaning scratches/swirls that most people won't notice until the sun hits it in an obvious way. A flat clear coat aka defect free surface will appear shiny compared to a dull scratched up surface.