Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Model Y waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome! I'm a week earlier in both order and EDD (knowing the EDD is nowhere near accurate) with the exact same config :)
Nice PJ reference in your handle! Tacoma native here. Committed to going electric after attending Ohanafest Encore Saturday and there being an oil spill the very next day soiling the beaches my kid (my PJ show buddy) and I had enjoyed only the day before. Didn’t think I could go electric yet but after looking more closely at the charging network and range, went for it.

Well, damn. Back into the June delivery window, from 18 March - 15 April 2022.

Some talk that it's related to the new Li-ion 12v battery & tow package issues.... and some thinking that it might be them just not knowing what the Texas plant will be able to do? So annoying...

In my signature - 15 October.

That being said..... Mine just moved forward again, even after the change yesterday! From "June" to a week long window of 25 March - 31 March.

The yo-yo-ing continues!
Hey, also, off topic. Interested in your music. I am a casual, not educated, fan of the cello in music, especially stuff like Josh Neumann does in Brandi Carlile Band. And I think the instrument has a very interesting, expressive voice. Your site mentions some of yours beingbeing featured in short films. Are any available to check out?

1642695581934.png

For those who haven't seen, here is a batch of mostly blue model Ys charging up at Austin Giga spotted Monday.

View attachment 757895
For those who haven't seen, here is a batch of mostly blue model Ys charging up at Austin Giga spotted Monday.
There's a little part of me that wants the factories to do their delivery split not by region, but by color. And make Blue come from Austin.

But that makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
There's a little part of me that wants the factories to do their delivery split not by region, but by color. And make Blue come from Austin.

But that makes absolutely no sense.
I got excited about those when I got my VIN but mine is coming from Fremont. Honestly, I think some of these delays are the re-queue into Austin's production schedule and/or the trucker shortages. Just had an honest call with someone from the Irvine/Costa Mesa center and they said my car was still in Lathrop and it's scheduled for me to pick up on Saturday. He was bluntly honest and said "we've had a few cars be delayed by a week just because we lack the truck drivers to transport them down, so I wanted to make you aware of what's been going on." While a bit disappointing, surprisingly refreshing to see the blunt honesty.

Reactions: DrGriz
Honestly, I saw something similar happen to me when my sales/delivery center closed and switched to the next city over (in November 2021, EDD went to "Early May"). If I were many of you, I would brace for the nationwide re-shuffle/re-queue as Austin Gigafactory begins to build 3/Y's.