Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Model Y waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got bumped into the 2nd quarter - 6 April to 4 May. Was really hopeful with that narrow window I had for a little while (29 March - 31 March). Does give me a little bit more time to get our 2nd car sold or traded in, but was really hoping it would be here in March (more time for using the car for yard work tool hauling and stuff)...

Really seems like my EDD is bouncing all over the place (everything has been complete, which makes things a bit more annoying, too.)

Last edited:
Elon confirmed on the Q4 earnings call yesterday that Austin *IS* producing 4680 model Ys already, and they'll be delivering 'soon' after they finish validation/certification process. Also that Austin will serve "2/3 of the United States, east of the Rockies". This, coupled with the pic that DrGriz had posted last week, likely means anyone with a Y on order who doesn't live on the West coast will get 4680s, and that there's a round of blues that could be headed out soon!

Reactions: DrGriz
Elon confirmed on the Q4 earnings call yesterday that Austin *IS* producing 4680 model Ys already, and they'll be delivering 'soon' after they finish validation/certification process. Also that Austin will serve "2/3 of the United States, east of the Rockies". This, coupled with the pic that DrGriz had posted last week, likely means anyone with a Y on order who doesn't live on the West coast will get 4680s, and that there's a round of blues that could be headed out soon!
I don't think he meant that to be true starting the moment they finish validation/certification. It takes a while for a factory to ramp up and increase production. They aren't going to start off making large numbers at all. Eventually, they may serve 2/3 of the US but that isn't happening any time soon. I want it to be true for my March MYLR, but I just don't see it happening for most east coast orders within the next couple of quarters.

Just entered another EDD with no VIN yet. I've seen several Blue Black orders later than mine from August and September being filled (congratulations!). I think most of them don't have tow and I do, so that may be part of the algorithm. Well. Patience is a virtue, I hear! ;)

Just entered another EDD with no VIN yet. I've seen several Blue Black orders later than mine from August and September being filled (congratulations!). I think most of them don't have tow and I do, so that may be part of the algorithm. Well. Patience is a virtue, I hear! ;)
There are rumors that tow + the new Li-Ion Aux battery aren't exactly playing nicely together. But one can never be too sure with Tesla...

• Informative
Reactions: towndrunk
There are rumors that tow + the new Li-Ion Aux battery aren't exactly playing nicely together. But one can never be too sure with Tesla...

That's no big deal. The 15V lithium battery runs the trailer lights OK, but (some) trailer internals require 12V, so they have to disable that line in the harness until they get a transformer which is apparently coming this summer. I'll take it in for install then. For like pulling a boat, no issues.

The tow hitch itself is not affected. I think people are getting them, but maybe there's a relative shortage and that's why I'm being passed over. Don't know.

That's no big deal. The 15V lithium battery runs the trailer lights OK, but (some) trailer internals require 12V, so they have to disable that line in the harness until they get a transformer which is apparently coming this summer. I'll take it in for install then. For like pulling a boat, no issues.

The tow hitch itself is not affected. I think people are getting them, but maybe there's a relative shortage and that's why I'm being passed over. Don't know.

Are there many trailers that run ANY internal electronics (assuming your mean int. lights, fridges, etc) while being towed via the link to the car? My family towed for YEARS and I've never heard of that. Trailer would use the on-trailer lead-acid batteries...

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Are there many trailers that run ANY internal electronics (assuming your mean int. lights, fridges, etc) while being towed via the link to the car? My family towed for YEARS and I've never heard of that. Trailer would use the on-trailer lead-acid batteries...
All I have are boat trailers and a utility trailer right now, so haven't thought about it for a while. Used to have a camper and it did have a power line through from the tow vehicle. Don't recall for sure what it hooked up to though. Maybe the 12 V lead acid battery to charge? That would make sense.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw

All I have are boat trailers and a utility trailer right now, so haven't thought about it for a while. Used to have a camper and it did have a power line through from the tow vehicle. Don't recall for sure what it hooked up to though. Maybe the 12 V lead acid battery to charge? That would make sense.
My old 90’s slide in truck camper by Northstar has a 12v hook up with that standard old 5 pin trailer light connector that can be used to power lights and the dometic fridge. and it was just hooked up to the truck 12 v system, for use when driving. I never use it though.

I figure the work around or third party option for hooking up trailer lights will exist by the time i get my car, which will have the tow hitch. But that hitch is more or less for a bike carrier anyway. So no power needed. I might use it for a little utility trailer we have for dump runs I guess. But I will still have the pick up for that too.

My EDD just got push back another three week (on both sides of the window, see my signature). Which could be bad, as my wife and I are going on a vacation at the end of May, in addition to having the car for yard work towing this spring and summer. Think it might be due to the rumored issue of having a trade-in attached to the order before getting a VIN assigned. Time to talk with my SA about this...