Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Model Y waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a 2022 MYP Blue on White, Tow, OD 1/19/22 .... In SC ... EDD updated from 3/31/22 to 3/2/22-3/12/22 ... Hoping for an Austin VIN (I don't mind being a test-dummy) ... I assume Perfomance Ys will be the first with 4680s out of Giga Texas ... Anxiously waiting to see, but will continue to update ....

Also, I ordered it after cancelling my MXPlaid that I ordered 11/13/21 and modified 11/18/21 (to make it a 6 instead of 7 seater...Before they forced us to). I cancelled when the MXP updated from August 2022 to Feb. 8-12th, 2022 on 1/19/22. My wife, when confronted with the "time to get the money ready" told me it didn't make sense to spend $70k extra for a 6 seater when we have an BMW X7 already and when the MY does 80% of what I needed the X to do (business vehicle)....I wanted to pay for the ridiculousness of the speed, but she was absolutely right.

I will update as soon as the VIN comes.

Got my first EDD window that is shorter than 4 weeks yesterday. Now at 3/6 - 3/20. I'm on a 30-day max for holds, so may do one hold to enter the Austin "lottery". What's another month now?

MYLR5 blue/white 19" no tow no FSD.
OD 10/4/21
EDD May 22 assigned on 10/4; 2/14 - 3/14 assigned on 12/22; 2/21 - 3/21 assigned on 1/13; 3/6 - 3/20 assigned on 2/21

I ordered a 2022 MYP Blue on White, Tow, OD 1/19/22 .... In SC ... EDD updated from 3/31/22 to 3/2/22-3/12/22 ... Hoping for an Austin VIN (I don't mind being a test-dummy) ... I assume Performance Ys will be the first with 4680s out of Giga Texas ... Anxiously waiting to see, but will continue to update ....

Also, I ordered it after cancelling my MXPlaid that I ordered 11/13/21 and modified 11/18/21 (to make it a 6 instead of 7 seater...Before they forced us to). I cancelled when the MXP updated from August 2022 to Feb. 8-12th, 2022 on 1/19/22. My wife, when confronted with the "time to get the money ready" told me it didn't make sense to spend $70k extra for a 6 seater when we have an BMW X7 already and when the MY does 80% of what I needed the X to do (business vehicle)....I wanted to pay for the ridiculousness of the speed, but she was absolutely right.

I will update as soon as the VIN comes.
I got a Fremont VIN and have decided to keep it. No telling when the Austin lottery will actually begin. Plus, I only keep the car about 2 years anyway so I can always update it then. The current range is plenty for my needs.

Have they changed headlights of Model Ys. I read IIHS safety report and they said, performance model headlights are superior but LR headlights are okay. not superior. The report is a year old so I am hoping that Tesla acted and installed similar headlights which they have in performance models.

OD: 9/28/21
EDD: 3/14-3/28
No VIN yet

Have they changed headlights of Model Ys. I read IIHS safety report and they said, performance model headlights are superior but LR headlights are okay. not superior. The report is a year old so I am hoping that Tesla acted and installed similar headlights which they have in performance models.

OD: 9/28/21
EDD: 3/14-3/28
No VIN yet
Just picked up my 22 MYP Friday. I had a 2020 M3P and have a BMW X7 with the high-tech BMW LEDS, and can tell you that these headlights are standout amazing. The crispness of them is spectacular and I never wanted to put on high beam. However, the high-beams are phenomenal as well. Also, they are Tesla Matrix lights, supposedly the best on the market, and they haven't even updated the software yet to enable the adaptive features. I assume it will be even more phenomenal in the next month. I'll post some videos on my youtube and TicToc soon under CarsByKev. I'll do a headlight video tonight and will upload by tomorrow.

Hi, just order MYP Blue today black upholstery, will get leather seat covers in pale grey with blue piping. Then matte carbon fiber interior. So happy to join you guys and girls. Though it would have been $3000 cheaper yesterday.
Congratulations. And really just goes to show you that you order a Tesla when you're happy with what you are currently seeing being produced. You can't play the anticipation game with them on something in the future because there'll always be something better coming around the corner (and a potential price hike).

Reactions: DrGriz
Congratulations. And really just goes to show you that you order a Tesla when you're happy with what you are currently seeing being produced. You can't play the anticipation game with them on something in the future because there'll always be something better coming around the corner (and a potential price hike).
Yes but these are announced mods , Elon said in public will come in April. Cant think of much more I would want anyway.

Reactions: CrimsonO2
I called the Tesla customer service 05/06 and checked if they have any stock with my config and they have same config as mine but with Black interior instead of white. Took an hour to think 🤔and called again to confirm the one with back interior.VIN assigned right away and scheduled for May19-23. All payment and Insurance is done and just waiting for Vehicle to be shipped from Fremont.

I'm almost at the end of the tunnel. Have delivery date of Monday, May 16 though I'm not entirely sure if it will stick as I don't think the car is at the SC yet. Was really hoping for pickup this Friday as I have the day off, but that is looking unlikely.

Reactions: DrGriz