Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Model Y waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0F624DE1-0B44-4884-A242-DC7DBB4545AF.jpeg

Picked Up Today in Tampa, Quality was A+ I looked it over several times nothing was off I was impressed.

When I changed my MYLR order to MYP, I switched from MSM to blue because I didn't like the MSM in person. It was just kinda meh compared to the gun metal grey of my Mazda. I like the blue much better in person.
Interesting, your situation is the inverse of mine where you compared Tesla's grey color to your current car's grey color and then switched your tesla color.

Well, after 3 months of waiting, I'm now committed to the Tesla blue and hope I can learn to like it in person also.

Reactions: DarthStar
Picking up Big Blue from Glen Allen, VA tomorrow. My situation was crazy lucky. They must have had a canceled or rejected or because my long term EDD was Nov 2-22nd and the all of a sudden two days ago it changed to this weekend. It was a bit of scramble to get financing sorted out but I am thrilled
Congratulations. You and I have the same specs except that mine includes a tow bar. Enjoy your new car!

Reactions: Sarugby9000
Interesting, your situation is the inverse of mine where you compared Tesla's grey color to your current car's grey color and then switched your tesla color.

Well, after 3 months of waiting, I'm now committed to the Tesla blue and hope I can learn to like it in person also.
Hopefully the joy of driving will invoke a Pavlovian response to that deep blue for you. 😎

Reactions: johnc925
Team Blue folks, how many of you are kinda wishing you had ordered a different color because the Tesla blue is a bit too dark?

Personally, I love blue cars (two of our three cars are blue) but seeing blue Teslas on the road, those blues are just not as "electrifying" as our current blue cars and now I'm kinda wishing I had ordered the MSM color but don't want to go to the back of the queue.

Am I the only one who has Blue on order who feels this way? I'm even considering wrapping it to a lighter blue when (if?) the darn thing ever gets delivered.
You will love it. Recently sold my blue MS while waiting for the blue MYLR. Here's a pic of the MS before I sold it...had CQuartz applied 2 years ago but otherwise that's the color we are getting.

Attachments

• 1BBA9255-920F-494C-B3E0-1AB357DC1A20.jpeg
    1BBA9255-920F-494C-B3E0-1AB357DC1A20.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 53
Team Blue folks, how many of you are kinda wishing you had ordered a different color because the Tesla blue is a bit too dark?

Personally, I love blue cars (two of our three cars are blue) but seeing blue Teslas on the road, those blues are just not as "electrifying" as our current blue cars and now I'm kinda wishing I had ordered the MSM color but don't want to go to the back of the queue.

Am I the only one who has Blue on order who feels this way? I'm even considering wrapping it to a lighter blue when (if?) the darn thing ever gets delivered.
No..it was team Blue all along. My brother has a Model X and I just love the color... and all the other Model Y's I see are White or drab Red. WWFB(will wait for blue)

The blue has grown on me over time partially because it is not such a brilliant blue but darker and more subtle.

Reactions: Excelsior0896

I would have preferred something brighter such as Subaru rally blue, but in person I thought the Tesla blue looked good too, so no regrets on the choice. Just need it to get delivered next week after a one week delay to fix some paint defect!

I originally ordered 5/19
LR 5 seat, Blue on White, std wheels, no tow.

EDD was showing August, then unexpectedly got a Schedule Delivery message on June 17 that I just could not take due to family travel.
Put order on hold then re-activated July 19.

New EDD was running Sept 15-30 but disappeared a few days ago and still that way.
Just waiting - I have one other conflict end of September, so obviously that's when they'll suddenly pressure me to take end-of-3Q delivery!
Above was posted in late July. Since then, EDD has been intermittently blank or showing dates from late Sept to mid-Oct, or just "October" for a while.

Today I have a new EDD October 13 - November 02. If this comes true, it will be 86 - 106 days from order re-activation, 147 - 167 days from original order. Clearly, my inability to accept a suddenly available VIN in June put me right to the back of the line.

But, the good news is that I will be prepared for a bio-warfare attack or a vax-resistant COV strain.
(the "Tesla Variant"?)