Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Model Y waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Say hello to Commander Rex!

PXL_20220524_214220642.jpg

Picked up today in Liberty Lake - on a quick glance, I didn't see any weird gaps or mis-alignments, and it came with PPF at the rear and mudflaps at the front.
PXL_20220524_214210049.jpg

PXL_20220524_214234910.jpg

PXL_20220524_214301619.jpg

(That's our Model 3 SR+, Gypsy Danger, on the right. It got traded in.)
Awesome! Mine will look pretty similar, but with black interior and a hitch. Should be getting mine within a week or so. So excited! Yours looks amazing, and I love to see those green hills and PNW clouds in the background.

Cross post from the November order date thread.

Well ok! Got a text from Meagan, the SA who helped me in SLC, saying to schedule my pick up in Boise, and giving me a link!

Unfortunately, (and I am not pissed or stressed about this, just amused) there are no appointments available to schedule, and the site directed me to call an 888 number. Called that number and talked to a nice guy. He said Boise was closed today (as they should be) and that the Boise team would reach out in the morning to schedule, and if I had not heard by noon tomorrow to call again. He offered to go talk to some management someone to see if they could open up the reservations system, but I said don't bother anyone on Memorial Day, and that I was sure Boise would get me handled tomorrow, and that I was just following the instructions given. We also went over my purchase and to do list and confirmed it was all ready, what forms of payment I could bring for my payment, etc.

Will reach out to the XPEL folks tomorrow and see if I can get in there too while I am over there, and coordinate the trip. :)

Reactions: Deliboy
Doing my rounds to my various delivery/waiting room threads I joined. Cross posting the same info.

Finally got an official delivery date. Boise, June 7, noon! I tried to schedule at various times over the weekend, but the scheduling system kept saying no appointments available, and the toll free line you are referred to either couldn’t help yet, or was not taking calls at the time. Meanwhile, I was getting messages and emails urging me to schedule my appointment or my order would be put on hold and car given away to the next person. Argh! The people I have worked with have been great. The system needs work

Got my Blue Y wednesday. apparently either I forgot to get or they forgot to give me my registration when tags were switched.
so checking on now. sent them a photo of my tag
the registration was in one of the compartments and i overlooked it.
signed over title for 2017 plug in prius
if only the model 3 had been available……

blue model Y on shakedown cruise up the east coast

SERIOUSLY,
avoid I-95 in South Carolina heading north between mile markers 11 and 12
there is a swale across the entire road that looks to me like a culvert pipe that is compressing or sinking.

this is a fun vehicle

That's no big deal. The 15V lithium battery runs the trailer lights OK, but (some) trailer internals require 12V, so they have to disable that line in the harness until they get a transformer which is apparently coming this summer. I'll take it in for install then. For like pulling a boat, no issues.

The tow hitch itself is not affected. I think people are getting them, but maybe there's a relative shortage and that's why I'm being passed over. Don't know.
I just ran into this with my MY, LR, tow package, March delivery. My brake controller needs the Aux 12v. Trying to get answers from service. The brake controller mfg said all their brake controllers need the Aux 12v.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
I just ran into this with my MY, LR, tow package, March delivery. My brake controller needs the Aux 12v. Trying to get answers from service. The brake controller mfg said all their brake controllers need the Aux 12v.
Interesting. I did not know that that line in the harness was for the brake controller, although it makes sense. As it turned out, I got "lucky" and for a few days around when my car was built, they reverted to the old battery and system. So i haven't had to deal with the adjustment and can't comment.

Just had an EDD update: It’s now November 24 to January 8.

So it's been June 16-June 30, then August 16 - September 30 and now this. It could be related to the production ramp in Berlin (they are only making white or black Performance cars there at the moment) but I really would not mind a Shanghai Model Y in Blue a full 3 to 6 months earlier than what is expected now.

According to Drive Tesla they will upgrade the lines from July 11-22 to be able to ramp production and add a third shift later in the year.

Order Date is May 6th or thereabouts so we went from “oh cool“ to “oh crap” in the space of about 8 weeks 🤪

Last edited:
We were discussing it briefly in another thread, but specifically about Blue MYPs - Has anyone seen these getting assigned VINs lately? They seemed to not show up much during the end of quarter rush and I haven't seen any positive recent delivery estimates either.

Switched my bare bones MSM MYLR to DBM yesterday to try and improve my EDD. Full details in signature but went from Mar-June 2023 to a specific Nov 12 to Jan 7. So it worked!!
I had originally wanted DBM but then missed a $2K price increase so cheaped out and went with my 2nd choice MSM for no charge. But I'm not waiting till next spring so ponied up the $1300CAD and got what I wanted in the first place and a much improved EDD.

Reactions: DrGriz