Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue MYP With Aftermarket Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got Replika R241's in 19" for snow tires. Don't have the car yet, so no photos.. and by the time I get it (03/01) it'll be close enough to spring that I'll likely leave them off until the fall. Here's a screen shot of another blue MY that has them on there.

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 8.05.24 PM.png

The Michelin AS Pilot is so good I don’t think it’s necessary to changes out 21” uber for ride quality reason any more. I was scared reading all the horror stories about harsh rides with uber but I picked up MYP last week with Michelin AS and ride quality is pretty awesome. It’s not minivan soft but really not bad at all, consider it’s a performance car. Slightly bumpier but no complaint from wife as passenger or 2 kids sit in the back. Hope this helps!

The Michelin AS Pilot is so good I don’t think it’s necessary to changes out 21” uber for ride quality reason any more. I was scared reading all the horror stories about harsh rides with uber but I picked up MYP last week with Michelin AS and ride quality is pretty awesome. It’s not minivan soft but really not bad at all, consider it’s a performance car. Slightly bumpier but no complaint from wife as passenger or 2 kids sit in the back. Hope this helps!
That's great to know. I have a MYP coming at the end of March, and I've been researching wheels and tires non-stop for weeks. Hoping to see other feedback similar to yours.

The original intention was to remove and replace the Ubers at delivery and sell them to cover the cost of some 19's and other accessories.

I have a set of TSportline TST 19" wheels in gloss black for the winter.
View attachment 771612
Are you getting more range out of these?

Are you getting more range out of these?
My 19" wheels are mounted with Michelin X-Ice/Snow tires and I put them on when the weather was down to around 45F. I did get better efficiency with the 19" wheels with weather above 40F, but it takes a nosedive with the temperature.

The rough consumption I observed with the 19" winter set are (this is just off my memory):

>40F: 250~280 Wh/Mi
40F~20F: 280~350 Wh/Mi
20F~10F: 350~400 Wh/Mi
<10F: 400+ Wh/Mi

With the stock Ubers I was getting around 270~290 Wh/Mi with temps in 50F or higher.

After suffering 2 dented rims in 2 different incidents within the first 10 months of ownership, I went with the TSportline 19" Sport Grey wheels.
9 months later, no issues, so far. Still using the original tires. 16K miles. Haven't noticed any range differences.

Y_2021_07.png Y_wheels_2021_07.png