Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Plaid - Paint the calipers or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Blue plaid is going in for full car PPF. I'm considering having the calipers painted at the same time. After having the M3P (also blue) with the red calipers, I like the pop of color there.

That being said, I'm considering yellow instead. Any opinions (even though I know what those are worth)? I tried searching for pics and didn't turn up anything great.

Reactions: Jabbahop
What are they now, black? If just just want color, I’d say red. If you want to be a little different yellow or orange. Where are you getting the PPF installed?
Yes, they come black from the factory, which is a bit surprising. It seems "red" has now shown up in the parts catalog so they are probably coming at some point. It may be part of the track pack. To me, this is even more reason to go yellow (still a pop of color, and doesn't look like a bunch of other cars [once the red comes out])

It's being done by Kustom Koatings.

I have a MSM Plaid and was considering the acid green used on the Porsche 918 Spyder's calipers. Also thought about light blue. Orange would tie in with the orange plaid animation after launching. However, I don't think orange would look very good. I think red is too overused now.

It's a work in progress...
sv104.jpg
model s calipers being painted.jpg

Oh no, it looks like your car has a terrible oil leak!
The A/C unit for the shop is on that opposite wall. I think that's just condensate we are seeing. ;-) Or maybe puddles from the PPF install?

The wheels look stunning!!! Are they gunmetal color? What size tires did you get? Did you go wider than OEM specs?
Thanks! They are "triple tinted black." In person they do seem more gunmetal/transparent. Beautiful. Can't wait to see them on the car.

For now, I'm swapping the stock tires onto these wheels. But the rear wheels are 11" wide instead of 10.5".

Reactions: SilverGS
The A/C unit for the shop is on that opposite wall. I think that's just condensate we are seeing. ;-) Or maybe puddles from the PPF install?

Thanks! They are "triple tinted black." In person they do seem more gunmetal/transparent. Beautiful. Can't wait to see them on the car.

For now, I'm swapping the stock tires onto these wheels. But the rear wheels are 11" wide instead of 10.5".
You should go 285 front and 305 rear!

Looking forward to the final look.

When I voted for yellow, it was because I am likely doing the same on my white Plaid with black interior. Only thing that might hold me back is I don't want to look too similar to what is now a slow poke white Taycan Turbo S! :cool:

Reactions: kgoroway