Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue-tooth Issues

CUBldr97

Apr 20, 2015
MD
I have an older Model s 2013, and recently the blue -tooth seems to randomly stop working. during a call ill be talking to someone and i can no longer hear them, yet they hear me fine. I have tried adjusting the volume, rebooted the system, re-synced my phone etc...

Anyone have similar experience?

Texman

Feb 25, 2018
Plano Texas
Took delivery of 2018 Model S last week. I drove a 2013 Model S for 5 years. Bluetooth is only working maybe 1 of 4 calls. Sometimes at the start or in the middle of my calls, people will either stop hearing me or say I sound: distorted, robotic or under water. Additionally I when someone calls and I answer on the touchscreen. The call picks up but I cannot hear them.
I do not wear an apple watch either (as some have suggested causes interference).
Never had a problem like this in the 2013.
Very frustrating for sure.

Vortexx

Dec 31, 2016
Orange County
Took delivery of 2018 Model S last week. I drove a 2013 Model S for 5 years. Bluetooth is only working maybe 1 of 4 calls. Sometimes at the start or in the middle of my calls, people will either stop hearing me or say I sound: distorted, robotic or under water. Additionally I when someone calls and I answer on the touchscreen. The call picks up but I cannot hear them.
I do not wear an apple watch either (as some have suggested causes interference).
Never had a problem like this in the 2013.
Very frustrating for sure.

This is a known issue with iOS and Tesla. It should be solved when iOS 11.4 is released.

Ritu_o0o

Jan 12, 2018
California
I have an older Model s 2013, and recently the blue -tooth seems to randomly stop working. during a call ill be talking to someone and i can no longer hear them, yet they hear me fine. I have tried adjusting the volume, rebooted the system, re-synced my phone etc...

Anyone have similar experience?
Yup... I had this issue last month then few firmware updates hit my car and few IOS updates on my phone. Not exactly sure what solved it though but I have not had this issue in a couple of weeks.

FYI: I did talk to the service rep and he said, if you have IOs already connected to apple watch and iOS trying to connect to the Tesla then it happens....

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC