TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Blue Xpel Stealth vs Xpel Ultimate (side by side)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Freedom101, Aug 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

I pulled into my xpel installers driveway yesterday to have a small bubble drained. To my surprise, my twin car was there so snapped this photo for side by side comparison an those untrusted: 20170814_143704.jpg

• Love x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. kev1n

kev1n Member

my vote goes to xpel ultimate lol

• Like x 1
  3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

#3 boaterva, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Me too... Sorry, but I don't see the recent fascination with matte finishes... I was looking at the blog for the local folks (Exotic Vehicle Wraps) that do the wrapping, and it appears to go back a couple of years or so? I love the shiny look and this is an excellent example for me. They prefer SunTek for ease of folding around corners, so, SunTek Ultimate for my new car! :D

4. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

All good guys and each to their own! In person I don't even think the colors are comparable myself. The stealth is stunning and the ultimate just looks like every other car.

• Like x 1
  5. ckwong

ckwong Member

I love the matte finish on my car! :cool: There are too many shiny cars around.

• Like x 2
  6. Racerx22b

Racerx22b Member

Just my opinion but a perfectly paint corrected, Suntek wrapped (or any quality clear wrap), and ceramic coated finish is stunning. I just had my X done and even my wife was taken back by the transformation. Now she wants it done to her S.

But difference of opinion is what makes this world go around. If you're happy that is all that matters.

• Like x 5
  7. violinist22

violinist22 Member

Both look great. I have my midnight silver fully wrapped with Xpel Ultimate and love it, but I understand the attraction of the matte finishes. I think if I was younger I would have gone with the matte finish. LOL

• Like x 2
  8. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

Common guys. Not even a contest :)

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  9. ToddS

ToddS Member

I was all set to do stealth until I saw how beautiful the obsidian black was and the richness of the texture. I switched to ultimate immediately!

But as has been said before, each to their own. Love the stealth AND ultimate.

• Like x 2
  10. kash

kash Member

just one pic!?

11. ToddS

ToddS Member

IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0184.JPG IMG_0187.JPG

I have since had the "X" in "Model X" done red.

• Like x 5
  12. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

Freedom101,

Thanks for sharing the pictures. It is cool to see a side by side comparison of ULTIMATE and STEALTH on identical cars. We appreciate all those that use our film. If anyone has any questions concerning STEALTH or ULTIMATE, feel free to reach out and let us know and we will be glad to answer them.