Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth and GPS Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else experiencing issues with your iPhone not unlocking your car? This evening I even opened the app to wake the car up but it still wouldn’t unlock. Turned off the Bluetooth on my phone and back on with no luck. I had to actually press the unlock button in the app to get it opened. I then couldn’t put my car into reverse. It asked for my card. I logged off my app and back in and still no luck. I ended up using my card to get the car moving. If I didn’t have my car I would have been stranded.

Another strange thing that’s occurred the two past days is my GPS volume is very loud. I’m unable to lower the volume despite the bar moving up and down. The music was also frozen not allowing me to change the song on the screen. I had to reboot my screen to fix this both days. Never had issues like this before. I’m on 2020.12.11.1.

I am having the same issue with my Pixel 2. I thought it was a phone situation but maybe it's bluetooth. It turns off constantly when I'm in my car. I will be on a call and it shuts off and then reconnects five seconds later. It doesn't always recognize my phone either. I have to toggle to my ID instead of my husband's. But to stand outside my car for a few minutes and then it still doesn't connect when I am inside is frustrating.

Yes! Over the past couple of weeks I've been annoyed by the iPhone behavior. Sometimes it won't unlock the car... have to tap keycard. Other times it will unlock the door but demands the keycard under the center console tap before I can shift into gear. I've tried all sorts of pairing/repairing. I'm also frustrated how every time I triune around the car has lost Bluetooth setting and/or sync messages...

Does any of this reflect the change about Bluetooth pairing recently announced, where the phone doesn't pair until a passenger is in the driver's seat and the driver door is closed?

I have 2020.20.13 and Bluetooth is very intermittent. Never had the problem for the first 8 months I owned the car but now I can't get the charge port to unlock until I unlock the car. Have issues with put card on console. Just seems like the Bluetooth has very weak reception. Phone will not give voice connection at times but will answer calls. Have re-paired the phone & car several times. Quite frustrating given it used to work really well from the first software version that introduced it.

Model 3 and iPhone 8 - intermittent connectivity. Cycles from iPhone speaker mode to Model 3 speakers to no sound able to be heard. What is the Tesla answer to this thread? Seems like I have been reading this for many many months.