TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bluetooth - Android / Nexus 5X

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Tazmanian, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Tazmanian

Tazmanian Member

Dear friends,

I have my model S since March 2016. After about 1,5 month (since version 2.17.35) I have problems with bluetooth connectivity between my car and my Nexus 5X.

I can pair my Nexus 5X with my S, however after max 3/4 days (but can be also the same day) since the new connectivity my phone doesn't connect anymore with my car. I tried several things to find out if the problem is caused by the car or by the phone. Whatever I do with my phone (even did factory reset) doesn't solve the problem.

Only solution is to reset the center console, after reset my phone connects immediately with my car, without any other intervention. But this is not a final solution, will last also for about 1 - 3 days. Then I need to do another center console reset.

So as far as I see the problem is caused by my MS.

Anyone else have the same problem? If so, was it solved?

My service center already looked at the logs and my car was at the service center for 2 days but they couldn't find any problem. From my point of view it looks like the Bluetooth module keep 'hanging' and restore is only possible with a reset.

I have done already several times the following steps but doesn't solve the problem.
    - delete connection on phone and car
    - restart phone and reset the car
    - reconnect bluetooth between car and phone.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Korben

Korben Member

Question: Does your nexus work with other bluetooth devices? The more other devices it works with the more likely the problem is your S.

3. Airhawker

Airhawker Member

Had a problem with my 6P once, but worked fine after my next attempt.

4. Tazmanian

Tazmanian Member

I have my phone only connected with one other device, my smartwatch.
    Never have a connection issue between these two devices.

5. Korben

Korben Member

Do you have a tablet or similar that is relatively light on apps? You can try pairing with your S and see if it stays connected. The S is a closed system so the odds of a bug that is just impacting you for bluetooth are pretty rare when compared to the odds of a more open Android based system such as the Nexus.

• Like x 1
  6. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

I have no problem with the two nexus 5 phones with our model X. Not sure if the Bluetooth is different. I have a smart watch too.

7. Tazmanian

Tazmanian Member

Yes I have, good idea, going to try that. Thanks!

8. grichard

grichard Member De-Luxe

For what it's worth: my wife and I both have Nexus 5Xs, and we do not see this problem.

Good luck to you!

• Like x 1
  9. Tazmanian

Tazmanian Member

Thanks.

I have tested connection also with my tablet. And same problem occured, so definitely problem at the car.
    Keep you posted how and when it's solved for anyone that might have same problem in the future.

10. Lightmatrix

Lightmatrix Member