Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth - Android / Nexus 5X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear friends,

I have my model S since March 2016. After about 1,5 month (since version 2.17.35) I have problems with bluetooth connectivity between my car and my Nexus 5X.

I can pair my Nexus 5X with my S, however after max 3/4 days (but can be also the same day) since the new connectivity my phone doesn't connect anymore with my car. I tried several things to find out if the problem is caused by the car or by the phone. Whatever I do with my phone (even did factory reset) doesn't solve the problem.

Only solution is to reset the center console, after reset my phone connects immediately with my car, without any other intervention. But this is not a final solution, will last also for about 1 - 3 days. Then I need to do another center console reset.

So as far as I see the problem is caused by my MS.

Anyone else have the same problem? If so, was it solved?

My service center already looked at the logs and my car was at the service center for 2 days but they couldn't find any problem. From my point of view it looks like the Bluetooth module keep 'hanging' and restore is only possible with a reset.

I have done already several times the following steps but doesn't solve the problem.
- delete connection on phone and car
- restart phone and reset the car
- reconnect bluetooth between car and phone.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Do you have a tablet or similar that is relatively light on apps? You can try pairing with your S and see if it stays connected. The S is a closed system so the odds of a bug that is just impacting you for bluetooth are pretty rare when compared to the odds of a more open Android based system such as the Nexus.

Reactions: Tazmanian