Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth audio connection issues and possible workaround

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recent owner here, got my 2019 M3P on 7 September 2020. From day one, the BT audio would almost always automatically connect but sometime around the middle of November I started having issues. I've gotten used to tapping the BT symbol and going through the steps to get the phone audio to connect.

Today I just happened to discover that when I get into the car if I depress the brake pedal before closing the door and keep the brake depressed until after the door is closed, the BT quickly connects on its own.

I've got another issue that may be related - if I enter the car while it's charging, after closing the door the screen is frozen on the charging display - quite inconvenient while at a supercharger. But if I tap the "lock the door" symbol on the screen before closing the door, then close the door, I can access other screens but I have to first tap the brake pedal to wake it up.

Some forum research seems to indicate I have a bad driver's seat occupancy sensor, but I've had the service center check for that and they say it's good. They passed the info to the next service level for analysis and will let me know if they figure it out.

Recent owner here, got my 2019 M3P on 7 September 2020. From day one, the BT audio would almost always automatically connect but sometime around the middle of November I started having issues. I've gotten used to tapping the BT symbol and going through the steps to get the phone audio to connect.

Today I just happened to discover that when I get into the car if I depress the brake pedal before closing the door and keep the brake depressed until after the door is closed, the BT quickly connects on its own. ....

Thanks for sharing your BT issue. I have the same problem and will now try your solution.

Rich