Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth audio doesn't autoplay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 M3 SR+ and I typically stream bluetooth audio from my iPhone. 4 out of 5 times when I get in, it gives me a message saying I need to choose audio from my phone. So I have to open the music app on my iPhone and manually press play. The rest of the time, it picks up immediately, right where I left off. No rhyme or reason either based on what I was doing on my phone, or how long the car was sitting. I can walk into the grocery store, come out and having to launch the Music app to get audio to play, or I was traveling and had my car at the airport for 3 days - and music started playing as soon as I got in. Is anyone else running into this?

Yes. I started playing Spotify through Bluetooth fairly recently, and it worked great. When I exited the car, it stopped the Spotify player. When I returned to the car, Spotify automatically started playing again. Exactly what I wanted.

Then a week or two ago, that stopped working. Every time I get into the car I have to manually start the player. Sometimes the Play button is grayed out and I have to dig out my phone and open Spotify. Don't have to do anything in the app, as it starts playing as soon as Spotify opens. Also sometimes it gives me the "must select media" message.

Any guesses what might have changed to break the auto-play / auto-pause function? What might I have done to mess it up?