Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth audio - sometimes no sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this issue too, reported it to service center, and they basically said "let us know when it happens again, and we can check logs". I did, .. and no response from them since (been through this 3 times now)! Still living with this issue. The only "resolution" seems to be to reboot the computer, it reconnects and the audio comes through.

I have this issue too, reported it to service center, and they basically said "let us know when it happens again, and we can check logs". I did, .. and no response from them since (been through this 3 times now)! Still living with this issue. The only "resolution" seems to be to reboot the computer, it reconnects and the audio comes through.

If I switch to the Radio and then back to Bluetooth it fixes it everytime. (Only time I ever even use the regular Tuner.) Much quicker than a reboot. Hopefully works for other people as well. This assumes it shows as connected but is just otherwise muted as playback on your device advances.

@nitk: Same here (and I believe there was another thread where this came up) - 99% of the time, switching to radio or Slacker, then back to phone, and it's magically working again.

I feel like the problems happening to me less. Maybe it's my imagination, or maybe there are other factors at play, or maybe a recent software update improved it. I'm going to try to pay more attention (and maybe wait a few seconds before giving up) and see if it really seems to be improved or not. I'm so used to it, it's tough to not just automagically tap away & tap back to the phone, though. The bug has me well trained! :-/

I encountered this for the first time today. Unfortunately, nothing I've tried has cleared it, including:
  • Choosing another audio source (radio, Slacker) and then returning to Bluetooth.
  • Restarting CID.
  • Unpairing/re-pairing phone.
  • BT off/on on phone.
  • Restarting phone.
  • Power off/power on car (through power off/ebrake menu).
As with others, phone call audio is still fine. But music playback, nope. I'm at 17.24.28, which is the first I've experienced it in. Previously at 17.18.50.

As it happens, I'm waiting for a replacement CID to come in to my SC because my current one was diagnosed as having a hardware fault (details unspecified) by the Ranger who visited a few weeks ago. This was after a series of weird behaviors including the nav system complaining that maps weren't loaded. Possibly related, though the fact so many others are complaining of related symptoms makes me wonder. Maybe related to why I can't get it to clear.

Very vexing since USB playback has gone from sort of OK to terrible for me, again possibly related to bad CID, so I've been using my phone for audio. I guess I get to listen to audio through my tiny phone speaker now. Or I could get one of those stupid FM transmitters I suppose. :-(

OK I have a model 3, and I have tried all this stuff (reset by holding both scroll wheels, unpair, reconnect plug the phone into the charger, don't plug it in), the annoying thing is sometimes it works perfectly. Come on Tesla, I have a 2008 BMW that works all the time every time. This is not new tech.

Just venting, but yesterday before starting on a long trip where I knew I would be out of cell servive, I checked that my iPhone worked as an audio source. Naturally when we got to the area where slacker was not available, iPhone audio was not available (put up a connect dialog box but said the phone was connected.) Next day it was fine.