Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Audio Streaming - Playlist Song Selection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that in the M3 v11, I can see the songs in a playlist when streaming via BT but it doesn't seem like I can choose another song except via manually forwarding through the playlist, song by song.

I ask because I could have sworn that there have been a few times when I have been able to select a song in the playlist just by tapping on the song.

Thoughts?

I had this exact same issue.. It seems like it's intermittent. Some days, I can scroll through the playlist and tap on the song to get it to play...another day, I try it and it doesn't register...the only way to get through it is to hit the next button until I get to my song of choice.

Glad to know I'm not crazy...anyone know of a fix??

While streaming, I don't see how you can choose anything on the car other than previous song, next song, pause, shuffle, and repeat. And that's the case with all my other vehicles too (you have to get the phone out if you want to change things). If you choose the Spotify app, then you have pretty much the same control than the phone, except settings, like the equalizer settings, etc. I don't think I'm missing anything, but will monitor this thread in case I am :).

I had this exact same issue.. It seems like it's intermittent. Some days, I can scroll through the playlist and tap on the song to get it to play...another day, I try it and it doesn't register...the only way to get through it is to hit the next button until I get to my song of choice.

Glad to know I'm not crazy...anyone know of a fix??

Also glad to know that I'm not losing my mind :)

Hopefully, Tesla will enhance this because there's really no reason that we shouldn't be able to do this

I know that in the M3 v11, I can see the songs in a playlist when streaming via BT but it doesn't seem like I can choose another song except via manually forwarding through the playlist, song by song.

I ask because I could have sworn that there have been a few times when I have been able to select a song in the playlist just by tapping on the song.

Thoughts?
you have to have the song downloaded on your phone (apple music for example) instead of streaming it via cellular.

I scanned through the forums to see if my issue was raised, it is similar and I hope someone might have a solution.

I'm way too cheap to pay for the monthly Premium Connectivity, so I've been relying on my phone's connection to use either straight up Bluetooth or it in combination with the TeslAA app.

When I first set up my phone I could play music from my Pixel 3 in YouTube Music via Bluetooth. I could also see a view of the next batch of songs (nine maybe?). That functionality seems to be unreliable. My last drive I could not for the life of me get my list of songs to show up.

Anyone experience this? Anyone have a solution?