Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth audio volume issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I am having a lot of issue with the model 3 where the Bluetooth audio connects at a super high volume. I believe it is taking the volume setting from the phone. This is not a problem with the X. Is there a setting of some sort that I can change? Twice I got caught with the audio blasting at us during the Bluetooth connect.

Reactions: puckpurnell
The last few releases fixed, what I considered broken, separate audio volume controls on the car and on the phone. Now car and phone have a single volume control. Before was always a problem needing to increase volume on phone to max which required pressing an OK confirmation past a certain point and then adjust on the car.

Try deleting and then pairing phone agqin. I presume you are using Android. What you are describing seems a phone issue, there are some advanced Bluetooth settings on Android phone you can play with.

My 3 seems to change this behavior based on firmware release.

For a while it was great, car volume completely independent of phone. Then a release came and busted that, then one fixed it again.

It behaves like you describe now, 2020.12.5 and it bums me out.

Having the same problem but somewhat different, when I happen to turn the infotainment volume down for whatever reason, on exiting the car the volume on the phone stays the same as the car, so I've missed many calls because the volume was to low to notice, it took me awhile to figure it out Hope they fix it.software issue 2020.12.11.1.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNation and V__2
iPhone ringer volume very high after exiting vehicle. I manually turn it down on the phone but it keeps happening every time I drive - exit the car. It started doing this after the last update. Very annoying.....

Oh man this happens to me all the time and it is SO ANNOYING because I invariably forget to lower the volume until the next morning when my alarm goes off and it's like a tornado siren in my ears. I would *love* for this to stop happening.

Reactions: XLR82XS
Hey guys, I am having a lot of issue with the model 3 where the Bluetooth audio connects at a super high volume. I believe it is taking the volume setting from the phone. This is not a problem with the X. Is there a setting of some sort that I can change? Twice I got caught with the audio blasting at us during the Bluetooth connect.

Not an issue with the car. It connects at the volume where you have your bluetooth or media volume set to on your phone. Make sure that's not maxed out.

Having the same problem but somewhat different, when I happen to turn the infotainment volume down for whatever reason, on exiting the car the volume on the phone stays the same as the car, so I've missed many calls because the volume was to low to notice, it took me awhile to figure it out Hope they fix it.software issue 2020.12.11.1.

When the car is connected via bluetooth, by default, the volume is tied together. When you adjust the volume in the car, it adjust your phone volume, when you adjust the volume on your phone, it chance the volume in the car (you should see the volume meter move on the Tesla screen). You can turn off this phone and car bluetooth volume sync in your phone.

Look up Bluetooth Absolute Volume