TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bluetooth Audio Weak

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by RobinF, Jul 15, 2015.

1. RobinF

RobinF Member

When I pair the iPhone to the car and play music I have to amp the hell out of the signal to hear it. Like setting to 7 just to hear it at all! I hope there's some way to address this.

2. sorka

sorka Active Member

Is the volume up all the way on your iPhone? I haven't noticed my iPod or Android devices having lower audio output than the same files played from USB.

3. RobinF

RobinF Member

Not up all the way but pretty high.

4. mwulff

mwulff Member

Normally this is related to volume on the phone. Just crank that up all the way (and turn down the car stereo)

5. rickgt

rickgt Enthusiast owner/member

Unfortunately, the volume on the phone must be up... no matter how loud you make the system, it's limited by the phone's volume setting

6. RobinF

RobinF Member

Interesting. I'm obviously a novice at this but that sounds counter-intuitive.
    Thanks!

7. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Not really.

When operating on Bluetooth, the phone (iPhone)keeps a separate setting for Bluetooth volume. Why? So you can control the volume from your phone if you have remote speakers for example. Since you have easy control of the cars volume from your steering wheel, you want to connect with Bluetooth, turn the phone volume all the way up (that will set the Bluetooth volume not the phone volume with an iPhone, not sure on Android). You can then adjust the listening volume in the car with its controls.