Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Audito in M3 is horrendous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After taking delivery of my M3 is late 2018, the bluetooth audio has been garbage. I cannot take a call and use the bluetooth in the car without a ton of issues popping up: 1. the person cannot hear me, 2. I cannot hear them unless I crank up the volume to max, 3. garbled calls etc. Listening to music through the dashboard also results in having to crank up the volume to max. What is going on with the dashboard audio? Every time I have brought this up to Tesla service center, they say they cannot fix the issue because a firmware update is needed. My guys, it's been over 2 years, WTF is taking so long?

Does anybody else feel duped into buying a piece of machinery that doesn't work completely or can't even be fixed? Has anybody found workarounds or fixes for this issue? Right now, the audio from the dashboard is basically unusable. Also, I'm worried that having to constantly turn the volume up will pop the speakers. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

"listening to music through the dashboard also results in having to crank the volume to the max" is because the volume on your phone is turned down while connected to the car. You would need to turn the volume up on the phone first.

Everything you describe sounds like an issue with either the bluetooth in your car, or your phone, or the fact that volume settings interact with bluetooth connections in a way where the phone sets the max volume.

that part is hard to explain, but on volume over bluetooth, you need to turn up the volume, on the connection you are using, while you are using it, on the phone.

Upvote 0