Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Call Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2014 P85D and I rarely receive or make calls in my car but when i do the other person says it sounds like my windows are down when they are rolled up.
I've heard putting a sponge or something up there the mic is can solve this. I shoved a crapload of 1 inch cotton insulation up there. like so much i barely closed the mic grill back in position. I made a call while i was driving and i was told it had no effect and it still sounds super windy.
Anyone have any suggestions on any other ways to fix this? Its super annoying issue to have.

First thing I would try is to unpair, delete, and then re-add and pair your phone. If this does not solve the problem, get someone with another phone with you. Crank up the car, and have them call you while you are stopped at home. Is it noisy? If so, turn bluetooth off while on the call and see if the noise stops by just using the cellular network. Try pairing the other phone and see if it has the same noise. If calls are only noisy while you are driving, try the same tests with the person in the car (letting them hold both phones). This should provide you with information that the noise is coming from one of the following: 1) the car mic in motion, 2) bluetooth problems with the car, 3) bluetooth problems with the phone.

The only other things that could be causing the noise would be a loose car mic that is rubbing against something when the car is in motion or something blowing air onto the mic, and I doubt a loose or bad connection to the mic would cause this noise.

Reactions: rickyjb
So I figured a way to test it would be to pull the mic piece down and let it dangle and make a call. It sounded windy while it was hanging by the wires like 6 inches below the roof. So while still on the phone I pushed it back up into it's proper location and I was told upon doing that it sounds perfectly clear now. So I basically did nothing and that fixed it :)
I've pulled it off like a dozen times to add more padding or to wire the dashcam but apparently today was the magic install and it works.

I talk on my phone all the time in my car and everyone tells me it sounds like I am in a wind tunnel. I’ve tried stuffing stuff up in behind it as well but it makes no difference.
strange why yours is all of a sudden quiet now that you simply dropped it down and then pushed it back up in place.

I have a 2014 P85D and I rarely receive or make calls in my car but when i do the other person says it sounds like my windows are down when they are rolled up.
I've heard putting a sponge or something up there the mic is can solve this. I shoved a crapload of 1 inch cotton insulation up there. like so much i barely closed the mic grill back in position. I made a call while i was driving and i was told it had no effect and it still sounds super windy.
Anyone have any suggestions on any other ways to fix this? Its super annoying issue to have.
its probably because of the vibrations given off by your flying avitar...😁

its probably because of the vibrations given off by your flying avitar...😁
If you wanna be cool too, here's the site for all the colors of the world Cult of the Party Parrot

I talk on my phone all the time in my car and everyone tells me it sounds like I am in a wind tunnel. I’ve tried stuffing stuff up in behind it as well but it makes no difference.
strange why yours is all of a sudden quiet now that you simply dropped it down and then pushed it back up in place.
Yeah there is nothing more annoying than "i fixed it and i dont know how"

• Funny
Reactions: r1200gs4ok