Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

bluetooth calls not working now after new update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, this problem is related to the Sentry Mode setting. (What? I know!) If I have the Sentry Mode set to enable every time I park, I have the audio, all the audio, go mute at random times. Mute of all sound, not just my phone. So, I leave automatic Sentry Mode disabled and I don’t have a problem. Except I have to enable Sentry Mode manually every time I park, of course.

i still cant hear anything when i call or when someone calls me so i have to swap to the phones speaker every time.

yes i did a soft restart, yes i unpaired the bluetooth and re-paired it.

iphone 12 pro

anyone else?

I am experiencing the same problem! I too, also did a soft reset, unpaired re-paired and rebooted my phone.

Currently on ver 2020.48.26 and just got note that ver .30 is ready. Not sure if i should update. Any fix?

Recently, I'm experiencing the same issue. Playing music from my iPhone Xs through Bluetooth just fine, but I don't hear anything when I make a phone call or receiving a call. Please advise if anyone know a solution. Thank you.

Model X 2017
Version: 2020.48.37.1

Whelp, my android phone also is not sending the call audio through the Tesla Model 3 speakers. I have a K51 LG phone. I have a 2018 Model 3 LR AWD with FSD and acceleration boost running 2021.4.18 version of firmware. It used to work prior to the most recent software update. Music works absolutely fine through the speakers.

i still cant hear anything when i call or when someone calls me so i have to swap to the phones speaker every time.

yes i did a soft restart, yes i unpaired the bluetooth and re-paired it.

iphone 12 pro

anyone else?
I’m having a similar issue with IPhone 11Pro the only thing that worked for me was hard resetting the car. It worked for about a week or so and the same issue is occurring again.

Honestly don't know if it's related to any particular software update. One common thread in these complaints seems to be iPhone 12's .

I wonder if Apple changed Bluetooth (specifically power management) on the 12's ?

In a perfect world Tesla and Apple would work together. In this case I could see Apple doing their part but I can't imagine Tesla spending even one second on this.

Honestly don't know if it's related to any particular software update. One common thread in these complaints seems to be iPhone 12's .

I wonder if Apple changed Bluetooth (specifically power management) on the 12's ?

In a perfect world Tesla and Apple would work together. In this case I could see Apple doing their part but I can't imagine Tesla spending even one second on this.
My situation and solution is for an iPhone X.

Whelp, my android phone also is not sending the call audio through the Tesla Model 3 speakers. I have a K51 LG phone. I have a 2018 Model 3 LR AWD with FSD and acceleration boost running 2021.4.18 version of firmware. It used to work prior to the most recent software update. Music works absolutely fine through the speakers.
I had the same problem with my Samsung phone could not send or receive calls through the car I found the Bluetooth screened on my car and told it to at forget my phone, and then reinstalled it as a new device. By doing that if I answered the phone manually on my phone I could hear through the speakers in the car ,but I am not able to answer calls on the car or hang up from them I have to use the phone any suggestions greatly appreciated

I'm having the same problem with my 2021 M3. The first tow weeks of ownership it worked fine... Ever since then Bluetooth calls keep switching back and forth from the cars speakers to my phones speaker back and forth... I reset my phone, disconnected and reconnected it to the car, reset the cars computer... Nothing helped. Both my fiancés phone and mine (Samsung s21 and Xiaomi Mi11) are having the same problem.. Super annoying.