Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Connection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My phone is the priority device, and always connects to Bluetooth when I get in the car (consistently selecting my driver profile, that's another story altogether!). However, I've noticed this week that if my wife's phone is the only one in the car, it doesn't connect automatically. I tried it this morning, and I can connect it manually from the list of devices but that should be happening without any intervention. Full disclosure - I did this from the passenger seat to avoid being squished into the wheel by her profile. Would that have affected the outcome? Also, it seems that with V11 there's now an extra step to get to the phone list - a page that just shows my phone and a "Connect another device" button which brings up the list of paired devices (including hers). Am I correct that Tesla has made this function more difficult to access in V11? Should I be doing something differently?

My phone is the priority device, and always connects to Bluetooth when I get in the car (consistently selecting my driver profile, that's another story altogether!). However, I've noticed this week that if my wife's phone is the only one in the car, it doesn't connect automatically. I tried it this morning, and I can connect it manually from the list of devices but that should be happening without any intervention. Full disclosure - I did this from the passenger seat to avoid being squished into the wheel by her profile. Would that have affected the outcome? Also, it seems that with V11 there's now an extra step to get to the phone list - a page that just shows my phone and a "Connect another device" button which brings up the list of paired devices (including hers). Am I correct that Tesla has made this function more difficult to access in V11? Should I be doing something differently?
BTW, the connection I'm referring to is for Bluetooth calling and streaming. There's no problem with the BT connection for driving the car, that always works fine.