Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Connections: One phone for calls, another phone for music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gray Man

∇x E = -∂B(t)/∂t
Oct 27, 2022
Augusta, GA
Does anyone know if it is possible to have two phones connected via bluetooth simultaneously: one for phone calls and one for audio? In my previous daily driver (2012 Prius), I could tell the car to connect, say, my personal cell phone for audio streaming and my work cell phone for phone calls. This was handy while driving during business hours. Does anyone know if there's a way to do this on the current Tesla OS?

Not possible, Probably the worse overseen feature.
With The most technological advanced car...you can't have 2 bluetooth devices connected at the same time.
even the most basic bluetooth receiver on amazon for $10 can do that but not tesla! Annoying!

If you use any bluetooth media player the phone won't work and vice versa

Upvote 0
This is also likely not something that can be solved with a software update, I imagine it requires different BT hardware.

I see this kind of "upgrade" possible if Telsa were to offer some kind of module. Maybe a module that connects to a USB port, or the OBD port under the center console. Something like that could *potentially* be able to add the BT functionality you propose, maybe even add RAM people say are needed for Steam or other functions that the older hardware can't simply support with a firmware update.

It will be interesting to see how our older cars are treated for the CCS Combo 1 retrofit, as one example that Tesla is planning to offer.

Upvote 0
Not possible, Probably the worse overseen feature.
With The most technological advanced car...you can't have 2 bluetooth devices connected at the same time.
even the most basic bluetooth receiver on amazon for $10 can do that but not tesla! Annoying!

If you use any bluetooth media player the phone won't work and vice versa
Have you actually tried that? The manual says this: “In addition to phones, you can pair other Bluetooth-enabled devices with Model 3. For example, you can pair an iPod Touch, an iPad, an Android tablet, etc. from which you can play music.”

I don’t know if the manual is right or wrong, but there’s no harm in trying.

Upvote 0
yes, you can pair as many devices as you'd like but only 1 will be active and in order to switch devices you need to go into the bluetooth settings, hit connect on the 2nd device but the first device will be disconnected.

At least on my 2022 MX, i cannot have 2 bluetooth devices connected at the same time.

Upvote 0
Hi there! I own a '23 MYP and I'm finding that out, as well - it seems only 1 bluetooth device can be "connected" at a time. Do you happen to know why that is? One example for me is that (I think) I would like it if my aftermarket heads-up display could be "connected" while at the same time my iPhone was also "connected." Thanks, in advance!

Upvote 0
Hi there! I own a '23 MYP and I'm finding that out, as well - it seems only 1 bluetooth device can be "connected" at a time. Do you happen to know why that is? One example for me is that (I think) I would like it if my aftermarket heads-up display could be "connected" while at the same time my iPhone was also "connected." Thanks, in advance!
Because that's a Bluetooth thing?

Because they use the same speakers?

Upvote 0