Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth connectivity issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have been having this problem in my Model 3 AWD since delivery. I connect my iphone 11 with no problems, play some music from my playlist and when i change songs manually my phone disconnects from the tesla and plays on my iphone. This will then cycle non stop but never play on the vehicle sound system. It will show what song i am listening to on the tesla but play on my iphone and say not connected on the iphone screen.

Has anyone had this happen before? In the last 16 months of owning two separate model 3 awd's I've got to say this car has the worst phone connectivity of any vehicle i've had or used! This is currently happening on my 2020 M3 as an fyi.

I have the newest update, forget my device, reset iphone, and hard reset the tesla every time this happens for this to just keep happening. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a similar experience with iPhone 8 plus on the bluetooth. During a phone call it switches back and forth between phone call over bluetooth back to the smartphone using the speaker. Reset car various times seemed to work for me so far (as of Corona/Covid19 situation I’m now home bound and can’t test). Today a new Tesla app was released, maybe it helps? (V3.10.5)

I have had both of above problems with my car. I have 2020.12.5. Just yesterday I was able to unlock and sit in the car with my iPhone X charged at 100%. I made a phone call while sitting in my garage and the call bounced back and forth between my phone and the car. I had to disconnect from Bluetooth to have the conversation.

The music issue happened several times between delivery (3/20/2020 with 2019.35.108) and my first software update. I basically could reboot the screen and it would work properly. That was until I got the first update (2020.8.2), then the problem came back; rebooted that one time. After getting 2020.12.5, I have not had the music issue, but I have had the phone call issue 2 out of 5 times.

This is really strange. I also have an iPhone X and have never had a problem with at all. It's been rock solid in the 5,300 miles I've done. It switches perfectly between phone calls and music, never loses it's place. I wonder what the difference is?

My issue is I live in Vancouver lower mainland and my LTE goes out at least once every two weeks while driving? Now only radio and Spotify are working but nothing on the streaming channels?
Anyone having this issue?
Actually, I have had similar happen. So my M3 is connected to my WiFi. When I drive away from the house, but before leaving the neighborhood, I often lose connectivity to the streaming stations. There will be a little "spinner icon" where the pause/play icon is. I have stopped a couple times to mess with it, and I have gotten Spotify to work. I would expect anything that needs LTE to have trouble. I cannot explain this, so I just tend to ignore this issue. This has only occurred leaving my house, so expect it has something to do with letting the Wifi connection drop, and switching to LTE.