Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth connectivity problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

Has anyone faced a problem of M3 stopped connecting to phone multimedia via Bluetooth? Have had zero issues since delivery back in Aug until today when Tesla just did not connect to the phone. At the same time phone as a key continues to work reliably.

Tried everything possible: rebooting Tesla, rebooting iPhone, resetting iphone’s network settings, deleting iPhone from Tesla and Tesla from iPhone, factory resetting Tesla, factory resetting iPhone - nothing helps. BT discovery doesn’t show my iPhone at all, while the same procedure works with iPad and other phones.

At the same time my wife’s iPhone connects just fine, and my iPhone connects to other car without any issues, which makes it difficult to identify which support to connect to (Tesla or apple)

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12.1.4, Tesla firmware 2019.5.15

Thank you!

I have a note 5 and my wife has a galaxy S8 and our Tesla has had issues connecting since day one. It's very random. Sometimes entry works, but starting doesn't. Sometimes entry doesn't work, but media and phone calls do. It's very annoying and I constantly have to swipe my badge for one thing or another. Point being, bluetooth + phone + Tesla is known to not work well.