TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Bluetooth Dropping A2DP with iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by DaveVa, Nov 15, 2012.

1. DaveVa

DaveVa Sig Perf #236 VIN #484

May 31, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    I listen to Audible books through the Bluetooth connection to the Model S. I'm not sure where the Bluetooth receiver is in the car, but I have significant issues with the Bluetooth connection dropping and reconnecting. I have also seen strange "gaps" in XM and HD Radio connections - that do not seem to be related to where I am driving (.i.e. no obstructions), but that may be an unrelated problem.

Hopefully this is a software/firmware issue - where the audio process as a low priority is getting bumped and can be corrected. Anyone else seeing similar performance when playing music through a bluetooth connection?

On the bright side - people talking to me when using a phone connection say the system sounds excellent.
  2. joepruitt

joepruitt Seattle Sig Red #497

Oct 22, 2012
    Sammamish, Washington, United States
    I'm having the same issue and my service center guys told me it's been reported by others and that it may get fixed with the next software update coming in a week or so. We'll see...
  3. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Funny, my Samsung Galaxy note seems to work fine (only 2 days into it though) but contacts and phone logs are not showing up when returning to the vehicle.