TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bluetooth in the car wont delete or add new phones

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by castortroy, Jan 4, 2020.

1. castortroy

castortroy Member

SInce the last update my car wont delete or add new phones. If i press delete a userphone, it says ok but just spins the wheel for several minutes. If I search for a new phone it spins the wheels for minutes, but dont find my phone, and my phone cant see the car either.

i have the newest .7 update, but when I go to the update function in the car, it shows about 50& green like an unfinished update. But the car also says it has the newest update installed. The yellow update is showing, and my phone app says join wifi to innstall update. I havent been able to update anything yet, but the car is linked to my wifi and it shows green.

I have tried pressing both buttons on the wheel and both buttons and the brake, and im in park. Have anyone else experienced the same?

2. towndrunk

towndrunk Member

Did you reach out to Support?

3. castortroy

castortroy Member

It finally works again. I dont know why though. But now I can add and delete phones from the car again. My phone app and car still says i have to update what I already have, but now the car functions as normal.

I sent a message in the app for tesla to push my update, and I read another reply where the update stuck til the next update, then was back to normal.

• Like x 1
  4. castortroy

castortroy Member

Update: I called tesla service center and they pushed the update for me and now its all good. I cancelled my app appointment.