TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bluetooth Initializing

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by iridium, Feb 12, 2013.

1. iridium

iridium Member

On my drive home tonight I noticed Bluetooth wasn't working. I opened up the menu and got the "Bluetooth Initializing" screen for the entire drive.

It seems like this is a known issue. Is there any workaround? Way to reboot, etc.?

2. XrstalLens

XrstalLens Model S P1327 VIN P01867

I've seen this once a couple of days ago. I rebooted the center console and it started working (hold down both thumbwheels for 5-10 seconds). That's the only time I've seen it. It seemed to be related to having two registered Bluetooth devices in the car and getting in and out a few times on a drive a few hours prior, but I don't know for sure.

3. iridium

iridium Member

Thanks for the tip. I do have 2 devices registered... will remove one and see if it repros.

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Reboot the 17" worked for me. Hold both on-steering-wheel scrollers down for a few seconds to trigger it.

Best to do it while parked unless you don't get distracted by such things while driving.

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

It's been reported a couple of times on the Firmware-4-2 thread. Doesn't seem to be a common problem and a reboot of the center screen fixes it.

6. Linda Z

Linda Z Member

Hi,
    I'm having this problem as well in the last 3 days. I've just started turning the bluetooth on my iPhone on and off during the day to save on its battery when I'm at work nd I wonder if that has been the problem. That said, my husband's phone is also registered to the car (so I'll delete his -poor guy; but 'm the main driver!). thanks for the tips!
    -Linda

7. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I have noticed a couple of times that my iPhone 4 does not automatically re-connect when I get back into the car. It hasn't lost any settings, but I have to go to the touchscreen and select the phone and press Connect. Doesn't do this all the time, but occasionally.