Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth/iPhone 8 Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three months using my iPhone 8 with my SR+ connected via Bluetooth. Two hours spent last couple days without the car connecting to the phone. All troubleshooting steps performed, natch. Last desperate move was to Reset All Settings on phone, still no go. I don't even get the number code sent to verify connection. I'm carrying an iPod Mini in the frunk; car tells me it connects to that, but that's irrelevant. I have a friend who's far more knowledgeable than I, and he can't figure what the problem may be. Maybe a service issue for Tesla?

Disconnect/disable your phone in the car, via the bluetooth settings. Don't worry about your phone for the moment. Reboot your car, by turning off the power in the safety/security settings, and sitting in the car with the door closed, without touching anything, for 3-5 minutes, until you hear all the fans and stuff shut down, and hear the superbottle burp. Then restart the car by pressing the brake. Then repair your phone in the car's bluetooth settings, and re-enable it as a key. See if that helps.