Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Iphone connection issues

Richard Stand

Apr 12, 2016
USA
Does anyone else have connection issues with there Model X and an Iphone 6+? Frequently, after hanging up a call the phone hangs up but the car does not. It looks like like the call is still ongoing and then after a few minutes connection between the phone and the car terminates. Anyone else having this issue?" Thanks.

Reactions: chillaban

chillaban

May 5, 2016
Bay Area
Does anyone else have connection issues with there Model X and an Iphone 6+? Frequently, after hanging up a call the phone hangs up but the car does not. It looks like like the call is still ongoing and then after a few minutes connection between the phone and the car terminates. Anyone else having this issue?" Thanks.

I've seen this in my Model s as well. There's no rhyme or reason when it decides to do this instead of hanging up properly.

MaxK

Feb 7, 2015
Gainesville, GA
Recently, the X and my iPhone 6+ have not been linking when I get into the car. The only way to get it to link is to turn off and on he phone bluetooth. Anyone else having this issue?

FarmerDave

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Sep 3, 2015
Central PA
Recently, the X and my iPhone 6+ have not been linking when I get into the car. The only way to get it to link is to turn off and on he phone bluetooth. Anyone else having this issue?
I was having the issue you describe and it devolved into not connecting at all. I rebooted the IP and the touchscreen to no avail. The solution turned out to be a complete reboot of the iPhone. It now connects fine, even before I get in the car.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC