Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth issues - no longer sees phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason the car now longer links to my iphone. I have tried to reconnect using the tips on the car screen including deleting the Tesla connection from the bluetooth settings on my phone and also a full reset of the MCU. Still no joy - the car scan for a phone but doesn't find it. Any tips?

I am not sure I know what this means?

Sorry - didn't spot you have an S.

Can you delete the bluetooth connection from the car? If so, delete it from the phone at the same time so you can start from scratch. Since it's a bluetooth problem, I'd also reset both as well.

Next step would be to make sure the car and the phone connect to something else to eliminate a bluetooth radio problem with one of them.

Having just updated to 48.35.5 this week (model 3), I’ve also had a new work phone (change from iPhone 8 to 11) - it took 3 attempts to get it to recognise the new phone and then got itself into a right tizzy with the new phone and old phone having the same name.

Eventually I deleted all phones and started again - then it took 2 further attempts to pair with the new one. Had no strange Bluetooth behaviours until this point.