Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth issues since 7.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since v7.0 I haven't been able to connect any of our iPhones to the Tesla. We tried our other cars and it's definitely not our phones - it's the car. Something is definitely wrong here. Occasionally we'll be able to connect it - just once manually and once it did it on its own. But otherwise it just searches and searches and never finds any of our devices. :mad:

Anyone else experiencing this?

Ever since v7.0 I haven't been able to connect any of our iPhones to the Tesla. We tried our other cars and it's definitely not our phones - it's the car. Something is definitely wrong here. Occasionally we'll be able to connect it - just once manually and once it did it on its own. But otherwise it just searches and searches and never finds any of our devices. :mad:

Anyone else experiencing this?

I had a similar problem. My iPhone appeared to connect, but wouldn't take a call when it was received. I rebooted the control panel but didn't have a chance to test if it then worked. The next day, the iPhone failed when trying to stream Spotify. Track information and control showed up on the center screen, but we got no audio. So the reboot clearly didn't fix the issue.

I then deleted my iPhone from the Tesla and re-paired, and the media functionality (including audio!) were restored. I assume the phone functions are now working as well but haven't had a chance to test.

This is was an easy fix but disheartening, as my gadget-averse wife was with me for both episodes and is now concerned about getting the model x we have reserved. Of course, that wouldn't be for another year anyway.... :cool:

Yeah I tried rebooting the center console and deleting the device. I've gotten it to repair once, but the next time I was in the care it wouldn't reconnect. So I deleted the phone again and haven't been able to repair either of our devices again.

I'm glad you were able to get this resolved on your end! I'm going to call the SC and let them know of my personal issue. Hopefully there are more and we'll have another update sent out soon.

Since v7 was downloaded to my car (but I haven't installed it yet), I've noticed more flakiness. I had one scenario were Bluetooth wouldn't connect, so I rebooted the 17". The next day, it would "connect" by having the blue logo up top, but not actually connect to stream music (I didn't try a phone call). Rebooted again to fix it. Last night, I had to switch to fresh air for a bit to help unsteam my windows and I couldn't get it to recirculate again later until I rebooted. Prior to these three times, it had been weeks since I needed to reboot.