Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S keeps connecting and disconnecting while listening to music and during phone calls. I have the latest software update and it seems to happen when I have a Airpod in my ear. Could there possible be a compatibility issue or is it a know issue?

I have a similar issue. Bluetooth connects, the phone part works but the music part doesn't. In a weird way, the music comes from the phone, not the car speakers but you can plat/pause the music from the car's controls. Re-starting the IC clears it but next time I enter the car, the same issue comes up. Started a few days ago. 2017.44 with iPhone X.

I have been having random disconnects and reconnects for a few weeks now, it appeared shortly after the last upgrade. Not seeing a lot of comments on this problem so I'm thinking it's just me? Any body else experiencing this after having no issues at all prior to last month?

Be sure to test with decent phones that fully follow open BT standards and fully support A2DP profile, that means basically any phone after 2006, except maybe more or less apple stuff.

It's most likely not the car that is to blame.

This is a known issue with iOS and some BT devices, including Tesla. The problem would temporarily be solved by turning off BT and then turning it back on each time you get in the car. All other BT devices, including apple watch and airpods needed to be off. Apple was aware of it and it was supposedly fixed in the latest release 11.4 that came out May 29th. It solved the issues for me. YMMV.