Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm personally not having any issues with my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.2, with MS 2.20.30.

In previous car forums I participated in, many intermittent problems for iPhone and Android were resolved by completely un-pairing the phone from the vehicle, then re-pairing it. It's important to also then completely delete the phone on the vehicle if it's still there (but just not paired), and in reverse -- the vehicle on the phone. At that point, if I were you, I'd try rebooting my CID and my phone, then re-pair them together as if it were a new setup. If the situation then persists, I'd suggest keeping a log of when the failures occur and email Tesla Service with your VIN and those date/times so it can be investigated in your logs. Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: markn455
I'm personally not having any issues with my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.2, with MS 2.20.30.

In previous car forums I participated in, many intermittent problems for iPhone and Android were resolved by completely un-pairing the phone from the vehicle, then re-pairing it. It's important to also then completely delete the phone on the vehicle if it's still there (but just not paired), and in reverse -- the vehicle on the phone. At that point, if I were you, I'd try rebooting my CID and my phone, then re-pair them together as if it were a new setup. If the situation then persists, I'd suggest keeping a log of when the failures occur and email Tesla Service with your VIN and those date/times so it can be investigated in your logs. Good luck.
I did this and it seems to have improved. However, in addition to this on my Android I did what they call Clear Cache Partition. I don't know if that was a contributing factor or not. Personally I believe your process is the one that provided the desired result. Thanks!

Reactions: BertL
Just to add a data point:

I have never had any issues with Bluetooth on my MS since I got my car in Dec 2013. I have only uses Android smartphones. As long as the Bluetooth radio on my phone is on, the car connects as soon as I get in. This was a surprise for me, because over the past decade, I had come to think of Bluetooth as a protocol that was generally flaky, based on experiences across several devices like laptops, headphones, dumb phones, mice etc.

I have never had any issues with calendar showing on the center console either. As long as Bluetooth is connected.