Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Kidnapping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
Why is it that my Model X takes over my phone call before I get into the car? Why is it that when I'm at home and walk by the garage door, the car takes over my phone call and I can't hear the caller because I'm NOT IN THE CAR? I'm talking to my doctor or another important caller (or any caller) and I get near the car only to have the BT kidnap the connection. Unacceptable.

Did anyone do any user testing before settling on this design? Why doesn't it work like every other luxury car, every ordinary car I've ever used? The BT re-connect should ONLY be activated once my butt is in the seat.

THIS is more important than fart noises.

Reactions: Christine69420
Why is it that my Model X takes over my phone call before I get into the car? Why is it that when I'm at home and walk by the garage door, the car takes over my phone call and I can't hear the caller because I'm NOT IN THE CAR? I'm talking to my doctor or another important caller (or any caller) and I get near the car only to have the BT kidnap the connection. Unacceptable.

Did anyone do any user testing before settling on this design? Why doesn't it work like every other luxury car, every ordinary car I've ever used? The BT re-connect should ONLY be activated once my butt is in the seat.

THIS is more important than fart noises.

Do you walk around with your fob in your pocket? It's not uncommon at all for the car to take over the bluetooth connection once it connects, this behavior is the same in my Volt and my previous Chevy/GM cars. I'm not sure Tesla is doing anything different here but if I'm wrong then so be it... :)

Jeff

Yes, I carry my fob. There are two kinds of people--those who have to hunt for their keys when it's time to go or leave them hanging on a hook or in a bowl by the door, and those who just pocket them. I'm the latter. That way when I need to get into the car or charge it, I don't have to hunt up the key.