Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Mic Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since the most recent update my Bluetooth mic hasn’t been working. Has anyone else experience this. My voice commands all still work and recognize my voice. I’ve tried re-pairing my phone, and doing an MCU reset with no luck. Any other ideas?

Does anyone know the tesla model s preAP mic wiring color legend and routing? Mic not working for anything bluetooth and phone. Had tesla mobile tech look at it. He brought spare mic. No joy. I think it is wiring or the mcu end of connection. How do this thing route and where do it plug into mcu if at all. Tech mentioned seat sensors...

Do a search for this problem. It was an issue for a while at the end of 2019 and start of 2020 but they seemed to fix it at some point mid-year. I recently noticed on some new firmware updates that some of the bugs were back which leads me to believe to reverted to an older (and broken) Bluetooth build. Search for no mic audio as well as phones resuming audio streams in the background even when the "phone" app in the car wasn't being used to play audio. If you're experiencing any of these other issues no amount of physical rewiring will fix it.

It's getting super annoying with the bugs and reappearing bugs for features as important to safety and functionality as Bluetooth.

Yep, annoying. Tried 3 different update versions currently on 2020.36.11, changing language from English and back, factory reset to clear memory, mic replacement under the cover, holding down voice command button an additional 5 seconds, and lastly, tried strong wifi connection.

Yep, annoying. Tried 3 different update versions currently on 2020.36.11, changing language from English and back, factory reset to clear memory, mic replacement under the cover, holding down voice command button an additional 5 seconds, and lastly, tried strong wifi connection.

These bugs are super annoying & Tesla has zero sense of urgency on them even though it can create some real safety issues even though they claim that's one of their core principles. The streaming your last played app in the background upon reconnect is super frustrating. Discovering it after several hour-long drives once you realize that all of your podcasts you downloaded are now deleted (set to auto-delete after listening) and not only do you not know where you left off last in the episodes when you were actually listening but it's also been streaming other episodes via mobile data silently in the background while you stream music via the car's "music" app even though you don't have unlimited mobile data. That was a fun one to discover and diagnose initially when it first occurred. It remained for months before going away just as mysteriously as it arrived; inexplicably. It was pure bliss for a few months when it was resolved seemingly permanently but now... it's back. Thanks Tesla!

Update as of feb 2021: please help by explaining or showing mic wiring all the way to mcu/infotainment control head. mic still does not work. This is not a software issue (over 6 updates since). This is not the short mic hardware in overhead(replaced with 3 different ones by myself and tesla tech). I have checked seat sensors (work fine). The mic will not recognize/sense any voice commands regardless of speed or language settings. Please help me trace the wires and connections back to the mcu/infotainment head!!!