Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth microphone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 2020 X and when I connect to Bluetooth using Pixel 2 or iPhone the person on other side is not able to hear me clearly. I can hear the voice clearly in the car speakers but when I speak the person on the other side can barely hear me. I tried Tesla service appointment but they were not able to pinpoint the issue. Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot the problem? Like check the microphone is working correctly or something else?

Thanks!

I have exactly the same problem with 2020 MX. after searching, it seems quite common for years though every once in a while you see a comment saying people on the other end can’t even tell they are in a car- not sure if they just got lucky or what. Tesla rarely finds a fix for it and blames it on phone settings which is obviously nonsense. Some have said that pulling apart the A-pillar where the mic is and putting some insulation behind it helps, but haven’t attempted that yet- in the meantime I’ve resorted to throwing an AirPod in for calls that I need to talk on- it’s like I’m driving a ‘95 Civic w/o Bluetooth…

Reactions: Simon_Emes
Upvote 0