Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Please check out the latest TMC Podcast (#13) where we discussed new Model Y launches, Tesla improving service, nationwide EV charging expansion, and viewer comments from previous episodes YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Bluetooth Not Connecting Automatically

ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!! I scheduled an appointment to have this looked at. They only offered me a mobile appointment, which is OK. I postponed it to the only week day I had off, even though it meant waiting two weeks. Three days ago, they started pinging me for times that the problems occurred so that they could remote diagnose. I responded each and every time with times that the problem had occurred. This morning they message me that they want to postpone "to provide sufficient time to remotely diagnose your concerns and develop a repair plan". THEY'VE HAD TWO WEEKS TO DO THAT!!

I just want an appointment I can keep and count on. This doesn't happen with other car manufacturers. You call, make an appointment, you take it in, and they fix it. I've messaged them that it's not acceptable, but who knows if they'll listen.

Well, that took long enough. I finally got it in for an appointment last week. They replaced the seat switch. I took it home and found that the car was still not connecting my bluetooth, and that the screen was shutting off when I shut my door. They had me bring it back in. When I dropped it off, they tried to blame everything on my Pixel 6 phone saying that "Pixels don't work". Luckily the screen symptom got them to continue to look. Turns out they didn't get the plug for the seat switch connected securely. :rolleyes:

Now it works perfectly again. I ended up getting a big break, though. Right after I got the car, I scratched the hell out of the bottom of my steering wheel with my ring. It was one of those annoying things that others didn't see because it was out of sight, but I was reminded of every time I drove the car because I could feel it. They ended up replacing my steering wheel during this service! I don't know whether they noticed the scratches and did it, or whether it was a legit part of the repair attempt (it's listed on the invoice under my bluetooth complaint).

Anyway, if enyone else if facing this, don't let them tell you it's your phone. Borrow another phone if you must. They claimed Samsungs and IPhone work fine.

P.S. I noticed that everything they did was marked as "goodwill", which it is certainly not. This is a warranty repair! I realize that outcome-wise, it doesn't matter, but I'm always suspicious when businesses play games like that.

• Informative
Reactions: Epyx
Well, that took long enough. I finally got it in for an appointment last week. They replaced the seat switch. I took it home and found that the car was still not connecting my bluetooth, and that the screen was shutting off when I shut my door. They had me bring it back in. When I dropped it off, they tried to blame everything on my Pixel 6 phone saying that "Pixels don't work". Luckily the screen symptom got them to continue to look. Turns out they didn't get the plug for the seat switch connected securely. :rolleyes:

Now it works perfectly again. I ended up getting a big break, though. Right after I got the car, I scratched the hell out of the bottom of my steering wheel with my ring. It was one of those annoying things that others didn't see because it was out of sight, but I was reminded of every time I drove the car because I could feel it. They ended up replacing my steering wheel during this service! I don't know whether they noticed the scratches and did it, or whether it was a legit part of the repair attempt (it's listed on the invoice under my bluetooth complaint).

Anyway, if enyone else if facing this, don't let them tell you it's your phone. Borrow another phone if you must. They claimed Samsungs and IPhone work fine.

P.S. I noticed that everything they did was marked as "goodwill", which it is certainly not. This is a warranty repair! I realize that outcome-wise, it doesn't matter, but I'm always suspicious when businesses play games like that.
Which service center in San Diego did you use?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC