TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bluetooth not working

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by InteroModelS, Nov 29, 2012.

1. InteroModelS

InteroModelS New Member

The Bluetooth on my bosses Model S seems to be stuck on stupid. Is there a way to reset it? Bluetooth.JPG

2. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Kill window, verify phone is accepting new requests, initiate new connection from car

3. steve841

steve841 Active Member

I had that.... Reboot the center console.

Push in and Hold the two scroll buttons for 10-15 seconds at the same time to reboot.

4. muleferg

muleferg Member

Thanks for posting. I just solved my issue.

5. thegruf

thegruf Member

rather than start a new thread on the subject, I'll bump this one back to life ...

my Bluetooth just stopped working, wont recognise any bluetooth phones that I have tried.
    Always worked fine previously.

Tried the 2 scroll button reset without success - any other ideas please?

6. BertL

BertL Active Member

Unsure if you have a Droid or iPhone.

If an iPhone, I suggest on your MS you fully delete the iPhone; then do the same on your iPhone (Settings / Bluetooth) so it does not know about your MS; Turn your iPhone OFF then ON; Reboot the 17"; Reboot the IC; Then try Re-Pairing your iPhone.
    That whole combination of deleting from both ends is the only way I've resolved some bizarre problems now 3 times on my MS (with 6.2, 7.0 and recently 7.1) and iPhone 6 running iOS 9.x (multiple releases). Unless every one of those steps were done, I continued having problems with my IC out of sync with my 17" wooing an inbound call sometimes only on the IC and not 17", and every few minutes showing the same call coming in for a missed-call I had on my phone (when I wasn't in the car) from days before. MOST annoying when you can't stop it happening over-and-over while driving. I also couldn't re-pair my phone for some reason when it was only deleted from the MS, without first deleting and doing the reboots as described. Tesla told me this problem happened in the past when iPhone 6 first came out, but they hadn't seen it for a while. Well, I sure have and with my symptoms, firmly believe there is something with MS (not necessarially iOS) that causes the failure.​

I don't have experience with a Droid, but would try a similar combination of deleting and adding-back everything. Good luck.

7. thegruf

thegruf Member

android here, but get what you are saying and will try it, thankyou
    I have done the two scroll wheel reset - is there another reset to try?

8. BertL

BertL Active Member

17" Reboot = Hold both steering wheel scroll buttons for 10 sec
    IC Reboot = Hold both steering wheel upper buttons for 10 sec

9. thegruf

thegruf Member

tried the above - thanks

no joy - one for the SC I think :(

10. BertL

BertL Active Member

...or do you have a 7x24 Tech Support line like we do in the US? For us, it's available as an option after calling the 800# roadside assistance number, and it's how I got help and resolution with my problem the first time.

11. scottm

scottm Active Member

My bluetooth failed and remains that way today, reboots nothing. Call into service.

Hit the bluetooth icon on top row center console, gives "bt failed to initialize" error.

When it failed, all voice commands also failed, they report "unclear recording try again".. ya right. And navigation when entered by keyboard shows destination but is a spin forever cycle for route calculation. Although destination shows as a flag on the center map, no route calculation, or anything further than that, no mini app on the left side of instrument cluster.

Yet, internet browsing is fine, and nav shows my current car position on scroling maps that fill in as tiles normally.... so I have connectivity to 3g and gps.... so ???

It all failed as a group after first update after the 7.0 UI change.