Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #29 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed the Tesla Cybertruck's expected 1 MW Ultra-Fast Charging capability, the Tesla Semi Delivery Event, the coming Model 3 refresh (project "Highland"), and more. You can watch it now on YouTube.

Bluetooth off [on my phone] - why not a banner/notice?

Just a thought, but recently was going crazy why my phone wasn't opening car but I could still unlock it via app. Turned out my bluetooth was off 🤦‍♂️ but made me wonder why it doesn't have a little icon or notice, something, that says "phone key disabled - bluetooth off" or something!

When you turn bluetooth off, the Tesla app will notify you that it won't be able to serve as a key... Don't youget that notification? Have you given the Tesla app notifications rights?

I get notifications for things like charging complete, so yea I believe notifications are enabled. I don't recall getting that bluetooth notification though. Even if it did, seems like while looking at the screen would be better.. I don't remember shutting off bluetooth either, not sure why I would even do that, so who knows.

KenC

Sep 4, 2018
Maine
You get the Tesla notification, immediately after turning off BT. If you don't remember turning BT off, then surely you won't remember getting a notification. The question is why/how did you turn BT off without knowing? Did you use Airplane mode or something?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC