Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth / Outgoing Call Quality / Microphone has terrible quality, people can't hear me, sound like a robot.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same problem here, 2020 Model 3. The Other end of the phone call cannot hear me at all when I make or receive calls, different people/phone types. yet the cars Voice commands work for other things. This has been a sporadic issue for the past couple weeks. Prior to this particular issue, I was told I sounded like a robot on a handful of occasions by different callers. I chalked it up to the cell service at the time but now I’m not too sure.

Does this happen often with sw updates? Is there known faulty hardware?
I have a 20202 Model Y - been having this issue on my recent update 2022.16.3 or maybe for the last week or two. Sending my car in for service appointment on Sunday for my loud brake squeals but also added this issue too where the other end can't hear me at all. Feels like it should be a software fix.

Just picked up my brand new m3p and my wife says I sound like a robot. I'll try the watch disconnect suggested earlier, but this is pretty disappointing.
Kept happening to me yesterday, I did a hard reset (hold the steering wheel buttons and the brake till car turns off) and once it reset it started working fine. This is a temporary fix I'm sure but it worked.