TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bluetooth Phone Call Quality

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Gentilly7, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Gentilly7

Gentilly7 Member

I took deliver of a new S60 in December. The audio quality when making a bluetooth phone call is horrible. People can hear me fine but they sound bad to me. It only sounds bad from the 2 passenger front and rear speakers. It sounds like the speakers are blown, they make a distorted rattle/screeching sound.

The speakers only sound like this over bluetooth phone calls. Radio and even playing music sounds fine. Tesla reset the bluetooth module and said it resolved the issue but after a few calls I can say for sure it is not resolved.

Is this the norm? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I am using an iPhone 6 Plus with latest version of iOS if that matters.

2. kdday

kdday Member

I have this exact same complaint. It sounds like my passenger speakers are blown and scratching when I have conversations.

Radio sounds great.

3. wangjue

wangjue Member

I don't like the bluetooth phone call sound either, worse than my treaded in car.

4. jdc1

jdc1 Member

I also have terrible voice quality, using the Bluetooth speaker phone. Apple speaker phone is perfect on the same call, but over the Telsa speakerphone, other party hears such dropouts as to inhibit further conversations. Sometimes a useful feature.

j

5. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Banned

I only have trouble with one particular person who calls me with their iPhone 6. They tell me I sound like I'm in a tunnel and I can barely hear them at all. Everyone else, even with an iPhone 6 and on the same carrier, sound fine on my car. I don't know what's wrong with that one particular caller, but I've decided to stop taking their calls when in my car.

6. FrederikBoivin

Mine is fine. Iphone6.

7. CricTic

CricTic Member

Is your volume maxed out on the phone? You might try turning the volume down on your phone one or two clicks when you're in a call. I have a similar issue in my car (not a Tesla) that goes away when I do that.

8. Gentilly7

Gentilly7 Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a try