TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bluetooth Phone Echo

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Woland, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Woland

Woland Member

Over Bluetooth, during "hands-free" phone calls over the car's mic / speakers, on my iPhone 6 / P85D, the other person can always hear themselves. This is 100% of the time. Does anyone know what's going on here? Phone and car are on the latest updates, and I've tried forgetting the BT connection and re-establishing it.

Any tips or tricks to correct this?

Thanks!

PS - as a side note, I cannot hear notification sounds on my iPhone 6 when it is Bluetooth connected to the car; those notifications will not make any sound over the car speakers or the phone itself until I'm out of range of the car, or I disconnect the BT link.

2. Woland

Woland Member

I had my car in for other service and I mentioned this issue. It turns out that the issue was caused by one of the mics in the car being misaligned. They re-aligned the mic and the issue is now gone.

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

In the Model S when your iPhone is BT linked, all notification sounds and alerts are muted. Not good, but the way it is....

4. MrJones390

MrJones390 Space Boat

Try turning down your speakers so the caller's voice doesn't get picked up by the car's mic