Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth phone not connecting but Playing music does (possible solved solution)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

davidmc

May 20, 2019
Leicester
Hey all

I have had a problem with my Razor phone (Android) connecting via Bluetooth. It connects for Audio such as playing music but the phone will not work, such as show contacts etc. A message always says connect phone although it is connected. I checked all settings on phone to make sure it allows calls etc but no luck. Tried forgetting device and reconnecting etc and still wouldn't work.

This fix! Its working still at the moment:

It seems to be the contact list on you phone that is causing the problem and Tesla not recognising the special characters!. You need to (and takes a bit of time if you have many contacts) to check all contacts for email addresses only contacts, and any contacts with funny characters in first or surname. Eg Bob & Sue. You will need to change the "&" to "and". Also the contacts with email addresses only, need to be edited so First or Surname is not the email address.

Hope this helps anyone who is having the same problem :)

Might work on Fruity devices too!

• Helpful
Reactions: Roy W.
Hey all

I have had a problem with my Razor phone (Android) connecting via Bluetooth. It connects for Audio such as playing music but the phone will not work, such as show contacts etc. A message always says connect phone although it is connected. I checked all settings on phone to make sure it allows calls etc but no luck. Tried forgetting device and reconnecting etc and still wouldn't work.

This fix! Its working still at the moment:

It seems to be the contact list on you phone that is causing the problem and Tesla not recognising the special characters!. You need to (and takes a bit of time if you have many contacts) to check all contacts for email addresses only contacts, and any contacts with funny characters in first or surname. Eg Bob & Sue. You will need to change the "&" to "and". Also the contacts with email addresses only, need to be edited so First or Surname is not the email address.

Hope this helps anyone who is having the same problem :)

Might work on Fruity devices too!
My Fruity device worked first time, contacts and all :cool:

Reactions: davidmc