Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Phone Problems - my journey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rant about Bluetooth phone connection.
I have had my m3p for 10 months and for 9 months I have had phone connection problems. First problem appeared 1 month after I took delivery. Phone would not connect to make calls it would happly unlock the car. After reboot, deleting reconnecting, rebooting car it would connect. I got used to preparing to leave home 15mins early just so I could connect my phone. I got sick of that so I had tesla come a couple of times to offer useless suggestions which took 30hours to do. Ie change all contact names to not include special characters. They gave up and said software bug wait for an update. After 2 updates and still no go. I by accident I worked out that my galaxy watch was the problem. My model 3 would connect without issue as long as I had my galaxy watch was in airplane mode. Success no problem for the last 6 months. Until now. I'm now lost i spend 4-5 hours on the road if I can't use my phone I give up. Tesla says since you can unlock the car with the phone no issue with the car. So I bought a new phone same problem.
Hopefully one of you guys/gals that reads this has a solution that doesn't involve daily reboot of everything.
Help!

There was talk that the Coronavirus tracking app was causing some Bluetooth issues. Do you have this running in the background?

Also you may get more replies if you space out the first post with some paragraphs. It’s a bit of a wall of text - tough to read.

Thanks onshore - Will keep that in mind for any future posts I'm unable to change the one I've posted.

Thanks Paul its my poor writing skills putting the watch in airplane mode no longer works. Even not wearing doesn't do the trick

• Helpful
Reactions: paulp