Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth problem: when phone plugged in phone won't hangup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a little awkward to describe, so here goes.

My phone/car bluetooth pairing has developed a new quirk which has me baffled. (Nothing I can identify has changed on my phone (or car) to explain this new behavior).

If I am in my car and on the road, after the phone has successfully (automatically) paired with the car, all works fine. However, if I then plug the phone into either on of the USB inputs or into the cigarette lighter (equipped with a USB adapter) to charge the phone, the phone immediately connects and shuts off the sound system (as if I am placing a call). (Below is the screen shot of the dash message that appears).

When this happens, I am unable to disconnect the phone by hitting the "disconnect" (or hang up) button on the touchscreen -- the button is unresponsive. The only way I can get the phone to "hang up" (and thereby release the sound system) is to turn off the bluetooth on the phone. (If I turn it back on everything will work -- until I again plug the phone in to charge).

I've tried deleting the phone from the car (and vice versa) but the problem returns.

Any ideas?
photo-1.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Gizmotoy -- fixed!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, all, for your suggestions.

I found the problem -- it was a jailbreak tweak that was somehow triggering siri every time the power cord is plugged in. I deleted that and all is well again with my Tesla.